Immediately following the controversial 'no foul' call on Brent Barry in game 4 of the Western Conference Finals, I knew only one man could lay all our San Antonio fans to sleep knowing the no-call, was the right call. So I dialed the big fella up. Unfortunately, he still doesn't have a cell phone so I'll have to make up what he would have said. (cell phones are illegal in his home country, Zaire. I'm sure.)
Jake Jetson: Hi, Dikembe. It's Jake Jetson from Drunk'n'Dunkin'. I know you're busy with off-season duties, but I had to get your insight on the controversy that just spawned from a no-foul call in the Lakers game. I assume you were watching?
Dikembe Mutombo: What? Dikembe no foul!?
JJ: No, no, not you Dikembe. Derek Fisher bumped Brent Barry pretty hard after biting on a pump fake. Did you see the game?
Dikembe Mutombo: Yes. I watch. Dikembe no foul.
JJ: You no foul?
Dikembe Mutombo: Yes.
JJ: So Derek Fisher didn't foul Brent Barry? Or are you saying you didn't foul Brent Barry?
Dikembe Mutombo: I no foul. Dikembe no foul.
JJ: Alright, well there you have it. No foul. Thanks for your time Dikembe. I'll holla!
Dikembe Mutombo: Bye.

So, if instant replays weren't enough, I think it's pretty clear to see: No foul. Coach Greg Popavich says so, Tim Duncan says so, Brent Barry says so, Kobe says so, but most importantly - Dikembe Mutombo says so. And Dikembe has never lied about a single foul call in his life. Disagree with him, and you'll wake up in a room full of roosters, candles, and with your heart missing. Some say they'd allow Dikembe to ref NBA games but he doesn't believe in goal tending, or wearing white stripes unless it's authentic zebra skin.

Jake Jetson

0 comments